When fulfilling the obligation resulting from point 14) to art. 261 a. 1. The act amending the act – Environmental Protection Law and some other acts (Journal of Laws 2015.1434) is made public:
EKOBENZ SP. Z O.O. IT IS AN HGH-RISK ESTABLISHMENT. A SERIOUS INDUSTRIAL FAILURE CAN OCCUR.
1. Oznaczenie prowadzącego zakład oraz kierującego zakładem – BRAK
|Production Plant Directors|
EKOBENZ Sp. z o. o.
President of the Board – Stanisław Jabłoński
Deputy President of the Board – Dariusz Taras
Deputy President of the Board – Wojciech Welcz
Vice-president of the Management Board for financial matters – Mirosław Subczyński
|Registered Address of Headquarters||11 Zimna Street; 20-204 Lublin|
|Production Plant address|
Production Plant of synthetic fuels from bioethanol
EKOBENZ Sp. z o. o.
Bogumiłów, 10 Zachodnia Street; 97-410 Kleszczów
|Production Plant website||www.ekobenz.pl|
|Business phone||(+48) 81 745 19 28 (HQ)|
|(+48) 81 822 84 22 (Production Plant)|
Production Plant Operator in Bogumiłów:
Name and surname
Production Plant Director
(+48) 533 326 914
2. Legal regulations
The Production Plant of Synthetic Fuels from Bioethanol Ekobenz Sp. z o.o, due to the amount of stored substances hazardous to the environment, has been classified as plants with an increased risk of a serious industrial accident – in accordance with the Regulation of the Minister of Development of January 29, 2016 on the types and quantities of hazardous substances in the plant, determining the classification of a plant as a plant with an increased or high risk of a serious industrial accident (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 138).
3. Production Plant declaration
In accordance with legal requirements, all obligations imposed on the Operator of a plant with an increased risk of a serious industrial accident have been fulfilled by the company. The applicable documentation required by the Environmental Protection Law in the form of the Plant Notification and the Accident Prevention Program has been submitted to the competent authorities, i.e., the State Fire Service and the Voivodship Inspector for Environmental Protection. The State Fire Service gave a positive opinion on the Accident Prevention Program.
4. Bussiness description:
The production plant of Ekobenz Sp. z o.o. is located in an industrial zone in the Łódź Voivodeship, Bełchatów poviat, Kleszczów commune, Bogumiłów, ul. Zachodnia 10.
The object of the Plant’s activity is the production of a new generation of biocomponents for fuels in the process of catalytic conversion from ethyl alcohol
PKD 20.59.Z – Manufacture of other chemical products not elsewhere classified, in particular:
⦁ Taking: ethyl alcohol, propane-butane
- ⦁ Use of ethyl alcohol, propane-butane
- ⦁ Production: liquid bio-hydrocarbons, aromatic bio-hydrocarbons, propane-butane
- ⦁ Storage of ethyl alcohol, liquid biocarbons, aromatic biocarbons, propane-butane
- ⦁ Dispensing, liquid bio-hydrocarbons, aromatic bio-hydrocarbons, propane-butane
5. Rodzaje substancji chemicznych zakwalifikowanych jako niebezpieczne występujące na terenie zakładu: – BRAK
There are the following hazardous substances on the premises of the production plant in Bogumiłów:
• Liquid fuels: liquid bio-hydrocarbons and aromatic bio-hydrocarbons
• Gaseous fuels: propane butane gas
The type of threat
H225 – H225 – Highly flammable liquid and vapor
H319 – H319 – Irritating to eyes
H224 – Flammable liquid, category 1. Extremely flammable liquid and vapor.
H315 – H315 – Skin corrosion / irritation, category 2. Irritating to skin.
H304 – H304 – Aspiration hazard, category 1. May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.
H350 – Carcinogenicity, category 1B. May cause cancer.
H340 – Mutagenic effect on reproductive cells, category 1B. May cause genetic defects.
H336 – Toxic effect on target organs. – single exposure, category 3. May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
H411 – Hazardous to the aquatic environment, category 2. Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
H220 – Extremely flammable gas
H280 – Contains gas under pressure, may explode if heated
|Bio Aromatic hydrocarbons||265-199-0|
H226 – Flammable liquid and vapour
H304 – Aspiration hazard, category 1. May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways.
H340 – Mutagenic effect on reproductive cells. category 1B. May cause genetic defects.
H350 – May cause cancer.
6. Types of threats
Types of the main hazards that may occur on the premises of the plant:
Regardless of the size of the accident, the risk related to environmental contamination (soil and water) occurs only on the premises of the plant. The effects of fire, explosion, unsealing in the form of thermal radiation, overpressure wave and explosive atmosphere may affect the plant and the areas in its vicinity.
7. Applied measures to prevent failures and remove their effects.
In order to prevent the occurrence of an industrial accident on the premises of the plant and to limit its possible effects, the following were used:
Technical security systems:
• Control and measurement equipment supporting and controlling the production process
• Combustible gas detection system
• Fire-fighting water supply with a fire protection water tank, pumping station and external hydrants
• Fire-fighting water supply system with internal hydrants
• Fire alarm installation with manual detectors and manual fire call points with monitoring for District Headquarters of the State Fire Service Bełchatów
• Permanent lightning and earthing installation
• Fixed water and foam fire extinguishing system
• Fixed sprinkler system
• Handheld firefighting equipment
• Anti-spill trays at storage tanks
• Sorbent kits
• Vacuum relief valves on tanks
• Fire roads
• Safety valves on tanks and production equipment
• Fire protection switch
• Backup electricity supply – power generator
• Division into fire zones
• Electrical installation in hazardous areas in EX execution
• Industrial, rainwater and sewage systems, as well as on-site sewage treatment plant
• Emergency lighting
• Plant area monitoring – closed-circuit television system and physical protection
• defining, at all levels of the organization, the individual responsibilities of employees
• conducting mandatory training in the field of health and safety and fire protection
• employees’ compliance with the safety rules and conditions resulting from the provisions, knowledge and operating books of individual machines and devices
• performing all activities and technological operations in accordance with the workplace instructions
• carrying out periodic inspections, maintenance, repairs and operation tests of technical security measures
• constant supervision of the Office of Technical Inspection and Transport Technical Inspection over devices and installations subject to it
• access control to the plant premises, entry via tripod
• no smoking on the premises (outside the designated areas)
• a ban on the use of mobile phones in the production installation
• internal communication system (internal telephone network, radiotelephones)
• familiarizing all employees with the Fire Safety Manual and the Explosion Protection Document
• appropriate marking with safety signs
• Drivers of tankers located on the premises of the plant are obliged to stop the filling immediately and go to the collection point for evacuees or to another place designated by the incident commander (or, if it does not endanger the driver or other people in the vicinity – evacuate the tanker)
9. Method of warning in the event of a major accident:
A significant imortance in the organization of rescue operations has the communication system used, which includes:
• round-the-clock physical protection of the plant area by a security company and TV monitoring
• marking with safety signs,
• internal telephone and voice network, wireless communication means (telephones, radiotelephones)
• FIRE ALARM SYSTEM, including signaling and alarm devices with manual fire call points (ROP buttons), fire monitored by the County Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Bełchatów
• Combustible gas detection system
10. Recommended behavior of the population in the event of an emergency on the premises of the plant:
• People in nearby residential houses:
– Close windows and doors in rooms
– Switch on the TV or radio receiver to the local station
– Follow the recommendations of the emergency services
• People in the open air in the vicinity of the plant:
– Keep away from the plant’s premises
– Move away from the plant site, going perpendicular to the wind
• People in motor vehicles in the vicinity of the plant:
– Do not block access roads
– If possible, move away from the factory premises
• Employees of neighboring plants:
– When instructed by the emergency services or the management of your facility, evacuate in accordance with the applicable procedures in a given facility
• In the event of an alarm – evacuation is called by local services:
– Follow their instructions
– Turn off all electric and gas consumers
– Close windows and doors
– Take documents and warm clothes
– Leave the facility and go to the place designated by the services
– Give special care to children and the elderly